Niles Community Schools Vision Statement
Driven to Succeed
Niles Community Schools Mission Statement
Community Schools inspires and prepares all learners through diverse
opportunities to challenge the present and enrich the future.
Howard-Ellis School Rules
1. Accept responsibility for your learning.
Come to school every day.
Be prepared for class.
Listen and participate in class.
Complete assignments and homework.
Do your "personal best".
2. Follow all directions given by staff. Staff includes teacher, principals, instructional assistants, secretaries,
custodians, noon supervisors, cooks and bus drivers.
3. Use polite and acceptable language when speaking with adults and each other.
- Say "please" and "thank you."
- Give compliments.
- Use a calm voice.
4. Keep hands, feet and objects to yourself.
- Respect other people's personal space.
- Ask permission before borrowing property of others
5. Walk quietly and orderly in the halls at all times.
6. Take care of and maintain school property.
-Keep restrooms, playground, hallways, lunchroom and classrooms
-Keep desks, lockers and books in good condition.
-Put things back where they belong.
-Pick up litter.